Laws pertaining to handguns vary by state and locality. Be sure you know the laws for your area or any other area where you might travel with your gun.
In many states, the definition of concealed handgun includes any handgun that a person is carrying that is hidden from the ordinary sight of another person.
Before you carry a concealed handgun, make sure you know:
- The definition for a concealed handgun in your area
- The licensing requirements for a concealed weapon
- If you are required to carry your handgun license/permit with you
- If your handgun license/permit allows you to carry a concealed weapon
- If your handgun license/permit is valid in other states
- Any other related laws and requirements for your area