One-Handed Grip Body Position
Follow these basic steps to use the one-handed grip body position.
- Turn your body away from the target at about a 90-degree angle.
- Spread your feet about shoulder width apart at approximately a 45-degree angle to each other.
- Keep your weight evenly distributed on both feet with your knees straight but not locked.
- Grip your handgun with your strong hand and raise it to the target. Put your weak hand in a comfortable position that is out of the way such as in a jacket or pants pocket.
- Hold your shooting arm straight with the elbow comfortably locked but not strained. Your gun should be held out as an extension of your arm as if you were pointing your finger.
- Keep your head up as you turn to aim at the target.