Introduction to Handgun Safety
Whenever handguns are being handled, an incident can occur if the gun is not handled responsibly. Gun safety rules are meant to eliminate the chance of an incident.
- Obey the Ten Commandments of Handgun Safety.
- Use common sense.
- Be responsible with your handgun.
The Four Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
- Point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Treat every firearm with the respect due a loaded gun.
- Be sure of the target and what is in front of it and beyond it.
- Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.